We are Hiring!
Community Life Bridge (CLB) is a growing nonprofit in Hendersonville. Our mission is to bridge the gap of unmet needs for mature adults, enhancing their quality of life and our community.
CLB is hiring an engaged, organized and energetic team member for our Administrative Assistant position. Our Administrative Assistant multi-tasks with professionalism and empathy, performing a wide range of duties to ensure the daily operational success of the CLB mission – bridging the gap of unmet needs for mature adults in our community. This role will include strong support of our Community Life Ride program. Principal responsibilities are listed below, and special tasks may also be assigned. This position is an hourly part time position beginning at 20 hours per week with potential for full time/salaried position as we grow, and reports to the Executive Director.
- Answering and returning phone calls, triaging needs, and following up with appropriate parties to ensure successful communication processes.
- Manage and execute the multi-step process of ride support for our program, including data entry and coordination of rides.
- Help us welcome new members and volunteers by compiling packets, sending and processing applications, assisting with home visits, and assisting with volunteer orientations.
- Responsible for correspondence with volunteers and members, including creating and sending notes and acknowledgements, birthday cards, thank you cards.
- Be available and willing to fill in as a backup driver during work hours within program guidelines.
- Support drivers in emergency situations.
- Will be trained to operate our accessible van to transport riders in wheelchairs.
- Manage the administrative aspects of the CLB office from overseeing equipment maintenance, to organizing and ordering supplies, organizing mail, files and other office-related systems.
- Keep our office space clean and tidy, average of 1 hour per week.
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Director and Program Manager as needed.
- Assist with special events and other special tasks as assigned.
- Experience – Minimum 2 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with older adults preferred. Must love people and be an excellent communicator.
Skills & Attributes:
- Enjoyment of working in a small office environment and helping people
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, organization, and administrative skills. Social media/marketing experience a plus!
- Proven ability to learn and efficiently populate and utilizes databases
- Ability to work efficiently in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, volunteers, staff, and the public
- Excellent verbal and written skills across all platforms of communication
- Must have a personal vehicle and a valid Tennessee driver’s license and pass criminal and driver background screenings
- Critical thinking, flexibility, personal boundaries, and patience
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to Loren Sluder, email@example.com by April 16, 2021.
No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: April 1, 2021
- Type: Part-time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social/Human Services
- Salary Range: $13-$15 per hour
- Working Hours: Flexibility to work Monday-Friday between 9:00am-4:00pm, with occasional evening or weekend hours in support of special events. Actual schedule to be discussed at interview. This position has the potential to become Full-Time salaried as we expand.